- 1 onion, sliced into 1/2 inch wide pieces
- 3 russet potatoes, cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 packet of curry (like this one)
- 28oz water
- Serve with rice and/or pan-fried tofu
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil into a pot and heat over medium high heat. Add onion and sauté for a few minutes or until onion becomes translucent and edges start getting slightly burnt.
- Add potatoes and carrots into the pot and stir for a couple of minutes or until the surface of vegetables starts getting cooked.
- Add water and turn the heat up to bring to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low to medium and simmer for about 7 minutes or until the vegetables are nearly cooked through.
- Break the curry cube into smaller pieces and add them into the pot. Stir in gently over low heat.
- Place the lid on and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes or until the curry is completely dissolved. Stir occasionally. If too thick, adjust with some water. If too thin, cook further without the lid. It will thicken when cooled down as well.
- Serve over rice with tofu.