- 4 large russet potatoes, rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Cut potatoes into wedges by cutting lengthwise in half then slice each half into 4 wedges.
- Place potatoes in a very large bowl of water with about 2 cups of ice cubes. Let them stand for 30 min. then pat dry with paper towels.
- While the wedges soak, in a small bowl, mix the rosemary into the olive oil and set aside.
- Remove the wedges from the ice water, pat dry, and place them in a large ziploc bag.
- In another small bowl, combine the salt, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper. Stir, then pour over the wedges. Close the bag and shake until evenly distributed.
- Next, add the olive oil mixture to the bag and toss until potatoes are coated.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place potatoes on the lined sheets and bake at 450˚F for 30-35 min, flipping midway through, until the potatoes are browned and crispy.