- 2 pints of strawberries, tops removed and quartered
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- In a large pot, combine strawberries, apples, and lemon juice. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- With a potato masher, gently squish the mixture to break down the pieces of fruit until they are small enough to your liking.
- Add in the sugar and stir until dissolved. Boil gently until the mix reaches 210 F, roughly 15 to 25 minutes.
- Follow the steps in this link on how to can. Directions here. There may be steps you want to do in parallel to the jam making. Makes roughly six half-pint jars.